I went golfing over the weekend, bar golfing that is!
Bar golf is a little fun game where you choose 9 different bars and 9 different drinks! Each bar has a "par" drink, drink that, you make par. Drink more you get a birdie, drink less you get a bogey!
We chose 9 bars between Plaza Midwood and NoDa, we stuck with mostly beer at each bar. I would also advise water at every other bar!
1. Whiskey Warehouse- 2 beers on draft
2. Common Market- A craft or local specialty beer
3. Peculiar Rabbit- Beer we've never heard of
4. Thomas Street Tavern- Angry Balls
5. Dog Bar- Beer of choice
6. The Blind Pig- Cheapest beer in a can
7. Bar With No Name- Bartenders beer of choice
8. Growlers- Beer starting with a "J"
(if no beer starts with J then work down in the alphabet!)
9. Infused- Infused vodka drink
2nd stop: Common Market, last week I was telling y'all about my favorite places and CM was one of them for the amazing beer & wine selection!
2. craft or local specialty beer- BirdSong Jalapeño Pale Ale
3. Peculiar Rabbit- Beer we've never heard of- Watermelon beer! So good!!
Once again I was telling y'all last week about the view from Peculiar Rabbit...
4. Thomas St. Tavern- Angry Balls!
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple + Fireball shot= Angry Balls
5. Dog bar! Huge Jenga and cute pups!
6. Blind Pig- cheapest beer in a can, PBR tall boys, duh!
And of course some friendly thumb wars!
Bar 7 was bartenders choice and once again, we got the watermelon beer! It was yummy but it's more of a beer for a pool day!
The game was fun, but let's face it, we're old. We didn't make it past bar #7! Regardless, we had an awesome night! I would highly suggest playing some golf next time you're out!